- Before purchasing a Magic Halo, please read our disclaimer. Halos over feeders serve as an adult HOSP deterrent, though for many it is HOSP-proof. As with anything birds, results can vary. At this time, our survey results indicate that roughly 80% of customers achieve 80-100% of adult HOSP eliminated from their feeder(s), This appears to make the device quite successful overall.
- Two lengths of hanging wires are offered. 38" should be long enough to ensure that the weighted ends fall several inches below the lowest feeding station(s) on most large sized tube feeders, e.g. Droll Yankees, Brome, etc. A custom wire length can be determined by measuring the total length of your feeder (including the hanger) and adding 6".
- Resist feeding non-native invasive HOSP to encourage native species
- 20" diameter works for most hanging feeder designs (email us with any questions)
- Hunter Green enamel-finished crossbar (Deluxe upgrade available)
- 12 AWG (3/32") thick galvanized hoop, marked for symmetrical wire placement
- 24 AWG clip-on galvanized weighted hanging wires
- Designed for hanging feeders using 1/2" diameter Shepherd hook
- Simply hang between hook and bird feeder
- With more targeted feeding, expect lower volume and cost of birdseed
- Price reflects materials cost, ~2 hours labor, and packaging of item
- Easy assembly in only a few minutes, requiring only a phillips head screwdriver
The birds flying up at, and then away from the Halo-protected feeder in the above video are HOSP. The device definitely works, with only an occasional breach, allowing the use of feeders by native birds. If you find it is not at least reducing HOSP, you may return your Halo for a complete refund (+ one-way shipping).